Zach is a little-man with a big-man’s game, Summers is 5 feet 1 inches (156 cm) and 93 pounds (42 kgs). Due to his amazing work-ethic, both on and off the basketball court, Zach is an outstanding student-athlete. In the classroom, he excels in language and science, and his school-room performance deserves the highest recommendation. Zach’s school offers extra curriculum basketball courses, which of course he makes all A’s. In 2012, I had the pleasure of training Zach. His eagerness to learn the game of basketball is like no other. The young Australian point guard is a fast learner and his high basketball I.Q. has helped lead his teams to these many accomplishments listed below:
- Selected in Newcastle Hunters U/14 Division 1 Team
- Hunter Sports High Targeted Sports Program
- Sept – U15 NSW Combined High School State Knockout – Runners up
- NSW Seaside Classic Tournament – U/13 Champions!!
- U13 All-star camp. (25 players selected, NSW development pathway to gain selection for NSW State team).
- U/14 D- League (40 kids from NSW metro and Country selected to play in a development league, another pathway for NSW state selection.)
- Selected to play for NSW Country in the Australian Country Junior Basketball Cup. Named CAPTAIN of the NSW Osprey team and led them to a silver Medal.
Zach plays basketball with a fearless mentality; he consistently competes no matter the size or age of his opponents. Summers has fun playing the game of basketball and puts his team’s success before his personal achievements. The Australian little-big man has a big game but an even bigger heart!